The Breadcrumbs widget will appear here on the published site.
This could be the first draft with young talent coming straight from high school since the early 2000's. Emoni Bates is the big prize but plenty of promising talent fills this first look at the first round. Zaire Wade son of NBA legend Dwyane Wade also joins the lottery. With the NBA considering ending the one and done rule their is a pretty strong chance of this being a deep draft. With that being said here is Basketball Rehab's first edition of the full 2022 NBA Mock draft.
1. Emoni Bates- SF - HT: 6-8 1/2 - WT: 175 - WING: 6-9 - FROM: Yipsilanti, MI - HS so.
Bates plays like a laboratory experiment combined Lebron James with Kevin Durant. It's hard to name a weakness, three level scorer with elite physical tools could easily be a NBA superstar.
2. Adrian Griffin Jr-SF - HT: 6-6 - WT: 200 - WING: 7-0 - HSjr.
Talented bruising forward with a strong post game and good basketball IQ.
3. Paolo Ranchero 6-9 240 PF Wing 6'10"
4. Chet Holmgren C - HT: 6-11 1/2 - WT: 183 -WING: 7-3 1/2 - FROM: Minneapolis, MN - HSjr.
5. Patrick Baldwin Jr. SF - HT: 6-10 - WT: 200 - WING: NA - FROM: Sussex, WI - HSjr.
6. Jalen Duran C - HT: 6-9 1/2- WT: 228 - WING: 7-5 - FROM: Philadelphia, PA (Roman Catholic) - HSso.
7. Jabari Smith Jr HT: 6-8 - WT: 190 - WING: NA - FROM: Tyrone, GA- HSjr.
8. Cam Thomas SG - HT: 6-3 - WT: 175 - WING: NA - FROM: LSU - HSsr.
9. Zaire Wade PG-SG 6-3 175 Fr Vanderbilt
10. Jaden Hardy SG – Henderson, NV – Ht – 6-5 – Wt – 185 – Wing – 6-10 – HSsr –
11. Jalen Duran*C – Montverde, FL – Ht – 6-9 1/2- Wt – 228 – Wing – 7-5 – HSjr –
12. Caleb HoustanSF – Montverde, FL (Canada) – HT: 6-8 – WT: 170 – WING: NA – HSsr –
13. Jabari Smith SF – Tyrone, GA – Ht – 6-8 – Wt – 190 – Wing – NA – HSsr
14. Kendall Brown SF – Baylor – HT: 6-6 – WT: 180 – WING: NA – HSsr
15. Max Christie SG – Michigan State – Ht – 6-5 – Wt – 170 – Wing – NA – HSsr
16.Jean Montero PG – Dominican Republic – Ht – 6-3 – Wt – 175 – Wing – NA – Int.
17. Adem Bona PF – Prolific Prep (Turkey/Nigeria) – Ht – 6-9 – Wt – NA – Wing – NA – Int.
18 Moussa Diabate C - HT: 6-10 - WT: 190 - WING: NA - FROM: Jacksonville, FL (France) - HSjr.
19 Trayce Jackson-Davis PF - HT: 6-9 - WT: 235 - WING: 7-0 - FROM: Indiana - Fr.
20 Khristian Lander PG - HT: 6-2 - WT: 169 - WING: 6-5 1/2 - FROM: Evansville, IN - HSsr.
21 Adam Miller PG - HT: 6-4 - WT: 175 - WING: NA - FROM: Chicago, IL - HSsr.
22 Aminu Mohammed SG - HT: 6-3 - WT: 198 - WING: 6-9 1/2 - FROM: Springfield, MO (Nigeria) - HSjr.
C - HT: 6-10 - WT: 230 -WING: 7-4 - FROM: Michigan State (Mali) - HSsr.
24 Keon Edwards SG - HT: 6-7 - WT: 180 - WING: NA - FROM: Phoenix, AZ - HSjr.
25 Walker Kessler C - HT: 6-11 - WT: 220 - WING: NA - FROM: UNC - HSsr.
26 Kai Jones PF - HT: 6-10 - WT: 205 - WING: NA - FROM: Texas (Bahamas) - Fr.
27 Daishen Nix PG - HT: 6-4 - WT: 190 - WING: NA - FROM: UCLA - HSsr.
28. Marcus Bagley SF - HT: 6-7 - WT: 220 - WING: NA - FROM: Arizona State - HSsr.
29. Josiah James PG - HT: 6-6 - WT: 195 - WING: 6-9 - FROM: Tennessee - Fr.
30. JT Thor SF - HT: 6-8 - WT: 190 - WING: NA - FROM: Alaska - HSsr.
More prospects to watch:
Addison Patterson from Oregon is a high level athlete and a great finisher who has a very skill level and a lot of play making ability is a creative finisher around the rim, he has all the physical tools to be a standout defender and shows of defense potential.
Addison doesn't always play with the best Moto needs to learn to bring it every possession of every game and pick up the defensive intensity, he doesn't have ideal on his jumper a show release with a low release point.
He can hit the three pointer but doesn't yet hit at a great percentage and isn't a knock down shooter at this point in his career.
Mark Williams from Duke he has plenty of size a legit 7-footer and decent mobility, rebounds on the ball does a lot on his scoring on putbacks and dump offs around the rim.
Mark can be a lot heavy footed and doesn't change directions particularly with much could lead to trouble defending against NBA speed and in pick and roll situations but might take a few years in college to develop.
Daimion Collins from Kentucky is a prospect that really intriguing I look him to make moves up draft boards soon and seems to be getting far too little attention, he doesn't get a lot of buzz and could be a late draft steal.
The Recommended Content Widget will appear here on the published site.